Update on changing the gate and front bed


on Wednesday, June, 20 2018 @ 02:46:00 am (61 words)
In General [ 664 views ]

I finished up moving the opening.  Dug out the bed and filled it with a mixture of humus, soil, and composted manure.  I put some irises that my sister had given me and moved some daylilies that were starting to die off.  I had meant to move the daylilies before now but hadn't found the time.  I think they will recover.

 


Changing the Gate Opening Leads to ...


on Saturday, June, 16 2018 @ 06:11:00 am (106 words)
In General [ 307 views ]

The opening in the upper fence of the front garden required a move due to an azalea bush growing out into the opening.  I had contemplated moving the azalea years ago but just didn't have anywhere to place it.  I did not want to trim it back so I decided I would move the opening.  I set a new fence post for the opening.  However, moving the opening required changes to the flower bed in that location.  That stone border continues on around the Deutzia scabra and I think to make it look proper I will need to move the rest of it forward a bit.

 


And out popped a toad


on Sunday, May, 13 2018 @ 07:30:00 pm (81 words)
In General [ 268 views ]

 

I was working in the little valley today planting a few things before the coming rains.  As I was using the rake to make a hill to plant some sweet potatoes out popped a toad.  Scared the bejesus out of me.  It hopped a short distance and just sat there not moving.  I had to work around the toad as it didn't seem to mind me.  When the sun gets around it will be digging back into the cool moist soil.